Broad Bay Boating Club - Multipurpose Community Facility........ coming soon
The funding group members have been meeting regularly. We have been very busy with continued work towards funding the initial stages of the rebuild project. The total funds raised since the funding launch has been impressive! I’ll tell you later…..
Last October 2018 saw a very successful launch to the funding campaign attended by lots of club supporters, the Mayor, invited guests and community members. It’s aim was to raise awareness for the project within the local and wider community, and it kicked off what has been a very successful year.
Since then progress has included :
The on going Give-A-Little campaign -over $1000
A grant from The Sargood Bequest - $5000
A grant from the Otago Peninsula Community Board to pay for initial building consent - $2671
Producing and selling our own calendar - $6116 - well down Paul Dyer for such a huge effort
Submission and presentation to DCC annual plan, no money yet but they agreed to in-kind support – and that connection has been established with Parks & Recreation – we will present again to next years annual planPresentation to Port Otago – we received the generous offer of expertise and recycled materials, driving piles etc.
- A significant donation from Southern Clams, Roger Belton BBBC member - $1500
- Peter and Dianne Nees donated $1000 at Funding Launch Day
- Other Funding Launch Day donations - $443
- We received a Letter of Support from Mayor Cull
- We attending the Otago Boat Show (display, sale of calendars, club badges) only $35 but good PR value!
- Meeting with YNZ rep Ian Gardner from Queen Charlotte Yacht Club to share their funding ideas
- Rummage sale 1 & 2 (April 2019) -over $4000
- Rhododendron Day BBQ (April 2019) - $205
- Firewood raffle - over $400 – thanks again to John Campbell's donation of wood.
- Local family donations of over $200 – they just are turning up in our bank account
- Entertainment Book fundraising sales - near $100
To date this all that amounts to over $22670 added to club funds for the project.
A huge thank you to all the contributors, all the people that donated there time, effort, and money.